Sunday, August 19, 2007

A day in our lives!

Every morning I wake up and get out of bed, head towards the closet and prepare for my day. Whether that means heading out to an office somewhere, sitting down in front of my computer, or may be just having breakfast with the family on my day off. We all do this day after day after day.

As I am driving to work, waiting for the computer to boot, or taking a shower, my mind is a million miles away. I am thinking about all that has to get done that day in order for me to have ‘done my job’. I read this somewhere, that in any given day a human mind has 8 million and 4000 thoughts.

I reach work, the security guard at work smiles and waves good morning. I open my email and mixed in with all the business emails is one from a friend just telling me to smile and have a good day. The day passes, I get busy with my work and appointments.

It’s the end of the day. I come back from work and I am exhausted. I realize that my list of things to do got longer instead of shorter. I sit and wonder why life has to be so hectic all the time.

I sit at the dinner table with the family and talk about the events of the day and all that is happening in my life. I nod and smile but my mind is on all the things that I still need to do. I collapse into bed, thinking about the project and appointments that have to be completed by tomorrow. I let my mind ponder on these things for a while and then I dose off and let my mind slip into la la land.

I arise again the next morning, my mind already in overdrive trying to figure out the best way to ‘attack’ the day. This is what we do. This is our life. Day after day!

2 comments:

Andrea M. said...

Yes, but what will you remember?

Life is daily ... but it is remembered from moment to moment... analog and digital both.

Anky said...

damn!!! i thought my name would be in there this time!!
hey maybe next time i would be in ur things to talk about list.. lolz!
one advice... take life as it comes.. never plan ahead cuz life is an adventure which unfolds by itself.
:)
cheers!