Saturday, December 29, 2007

Dubai - The city that rocks 24*7

I sit in the back seat of an Audi as we are traveling down the 50 km long, Sheikh Zaid Road. The road has 6 lanes. The speed limit is around 120 kms/hour. As we are cruising down the road I notice the tall buildings. The Burj towers, the tallest building in the world, still under construction though. It stands 180 floors high. No matter where you are in Dubai, you can spot this tower. We cross other buildings like the twin towers, DIFC, MOE (The Mall of Emirates), my brother in law's office, my friend's office. I hear stories of these places. Things that fascinate me like Skii Dubai. I sit there looking out, looking at the buildings. Looking at the lit up buildings and wonder how pretty they look at that moment. And that if there was any way I could capture that moment. I open my bag and my hands fumble through the things in search of a camera, but as my luck has it, I am unable to locate my camera. Not wanting to take my eyes off this pretty sight, I stop looking for the camera and instead just sit there staring out of the window of the Audi. To add to this, the cars that I see on the road is something which again catches my interest. I see a Porsche, a BMW. I spot a hummer driving beside us. Just then something that catches my attention is the photo of this person (Sheikh). I ask who is he and i learn that he is the ruler. And that every shop, hotel or any establishment has to have the photo of the ruler. Sheikh Mohammad, is the name I am told.

As I look at all of this and as I hear the stories, I am sleep deprived since I have had a long day, a long flight. And I crave for nothing but a bed and a quilt to snuggle into. But as one part of me wants this the other still wants to stay up and not loose sight of what my eyes are witnessing. A battle that's taking place in my head. The human mind, always wanting everything and always wanting more han it can possible handle. My mind, half sleepy half excited. It becomes difficult for me to keep y eyes open any longer than now. I slowly drift away to la-la land...

1 comment:

Madzy said...

ya i think i will be uploading more pics of Dubai as soon as my picasa is up and running...